Friday, May 7, 2010

Cheers to New Beginnings!

I started my first class two days ago, which was phenomenal! My professor was SO into the subject being discussed! I guess that happens when you truly love what you do! Anywho, my goal is to come to a place of love for my area of research and not let others suck that love out of me.  I already feel that I have a dissertation topic in mind.  It will be something dealing with sexuality, gender, and urban education.

I have also decided to get really organized! I learned a lot from those around me, and that sounds like my best bet at this point.  

So, for class we have to read Coming of Age in Samoa by Margaret Mead, and I think I will be writing my final paper on her work, which deals with the puberty and sexuality of adolescent females in Samoa.  It would be great to compare her work with conceptualizations of sexuality that take place in educational settings. 

I have a lot of ideas.  I am really happy and excited.  I am finally moved in too! The transition is truly beginning.

1 comment: