Monday, July 26, 2010

"no matter how much you have read in your life...you will read more than that in your first semester..."

I have come to realize that pursuing a PhD is life consuming...and yes I said life consuming! Today, I took a few moments to reflect upon what this means for me, and after a few tears I knew that it means changing my every habit in order become a better student and a future scholar. In an effort to get some perspective I emailed a few people that I know have been where I am right now in an effort to get a heads up, and the thing that stuck out was to basically be prepared to be unprepared while still preparing.

In a week I will officially begin my "journey to the PhD", and while I try and act like I am dreading this moment...I am the most excited I have ever been in my life about ANYTHING! I was told by a one of the most inspiring women I know several things. The one that excited me the most was that"no matter how much I have read in life...I will read more than that in my first semester...". My response is "Bring it on!" Ms. Carter, (both Annie and Betty)this is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment